By Daniel J. Benny Ph.D
After Sep 11, the preliminary concentration from the U.S. executive, media, and the general public used to be on protection at advertisement airports and aboard air carriers. quickly, research published the hijackers had proficient at flight faculties working out of basic aviation airports, resulting in an enormous outcry by way of the media and in the govt to mandate safety rules for this flight sector. common Aviation safety: airplane, Hangars, Fixed-Base Operations, Flight faculties, and Airports examines the threats opposed to common aviation (GA) and offers assets for defense execs and GA airport vendors and operators to strengthen an impenetrable airport and plane safety plan.
Following an outline of basic aviation and its inherent safeguard threats, the booklet explores:
- Physical protection for the aviation atmosphere, together with intrusion detection platforms, cameras, locks, lighting fixtures, and window security
- The defense strength, together with recruitment and training
- Security of basic aviation plane and airports, together with runway protection and gas storage
- Airport security rules akin to the staff safety Act and the Bloodborne Pathogens Act
- Emergency reaction to a number of situations, together with scientific emergencies, fires, fuel leaks, and bomb threats
- The safety of hangars, fixed-base operations, and flight schools
- Corporate aviation defense departments
The publication concludes with a learn related to the plane proprietors and Pilots organization (AOPA) Airport Watch software and the Transportation safety management (TSA) defense standards and proposals for common aviation.
General aviation helps public protection, enterprise, agriculture, advertisement airports, aeronautical schooling, and lots of elements of the aviation undefined. The publication is the 1st to discover the original safety issues suitable to normal aviation operations.
Dr. Daniel J. Benny was once interviewed on video through common Aviation defense journal approximately his article about the results of the Airport Watch application.